Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Mini Correction

Darn it!! I should have sold a couple of weeks ago after all. The price was then £1,125 per ounce and all of a sudden the big drop. I think it took 2 days to hit £1,032 and then suddenly all this talk about, 'Cash is King'.  I'm not a market analyst and don't pretend to be one but if I wanted to take advantage of reports and make some money and it involved billions of dollars. I would try and start a rumour that cash was making a comeback too. Just like a Rocky movie you always want to chant for the underdog and see him win. Unfortunately it didn't look the the markets were taking the bait. On the other hand the gold bear did and passed the baton to the bull who is picking up pace as we speak.

Word got out that the Greece bailout might not work after all, now there's a surprise. The talk of QE 3 raised it's head again and the Indian festival period is upon us. This little correction only spurred people to buy back in because of the new low price. All in all the mini correction was like a perfect storm and has started a frenzy to buy gold at this new price.

Well, I did sell, not at the top granted but on the way down. I protected what we had and just watched quietly in the corner for the turn around. I always knew that no matter what happened I wanted back in before the Indian festivals. The rally has started and on it's way up. The predictions for gold is above $2500 by March. How they come to that figure with so much happening in the world and so many things that haven't happened is beyond me? I guess that is why I'm not a trader.

My only theory behind this whole investment thing is that the banks aren't helping me and never will. If we want to protect our savings and our future then you just have to plan for it and do something about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment